Real-time Encoding and Streaming Appliance powered by Adobe® Flash®
Optibase MGW FlashStreamer is the ideal solution for streaming real-time events, lectures and presentations over the Internet or the campus IP network.
Optibase MGW FlashStreamer offers real-time video encoding and streaming powered by Adobe Flash as well as on-demand streaming of stored content, all with a single click of a button. MGW FlashStreamer allows you to enhance your e-learning applications with streamed lectures, broadcast live sporting events and graduation speeches to students across campus or family and alumni at home and provide entertainment services to students in their dorms. Designed with ease of use in mind, MGW FlashStreamer features plug-and-play functionality for automatic streaming. With its table-top-ready design and high portability, this unique appliance can be carried and placed everywhere – from lecture halls to the football field.
MGW FlashStreamer is fully compatible with the latest versions of Adobe Flash Player, the Internet’s leading browser-based media player, and provides high quality H.264 video at low bit-rates with no additional installation required by end users. A built-in Adobe Flash Media Streaming Server enables streaming to hundreds of concurrent users directly from a single MGW FlashStreamer unit. Larger deployments are easily supported by connecting to external streaming servers or CDNs. The included internal hard drive enhances your media offerings by storing live content for later use and allowing on-demand access to any stored file. With video encoding, streaming, recording and on demand playback from one compact appliance, MGW FlashStreamer is the ideal solution for your school, college or university.
- Distance learning over public or private networks
- Campus television
- Live television streaming to dorms and students around campus
- Presentation streaming directly from classrooms and lecture halls
- Encodes video that is compatible with the most commonly used streaming media player available on the Internet
- Cost effective, stand-alone solution offers encoding and distribution of videos compatible with Adobe Flash Player, in a single platform
- Quick to set up and easy to deploy by anyone, from the teacher to the IT expert
- Portable device that is easily transferred between various working environments
- Low bit-rates and resolutions allow optimization of content for any application and network bandwidth
- All-in-one solution for video streaming applications on campus and over the Internet
- High-quality, low bit-rate H.264 video compatible with the most recent versions of Adobe Flash Player as well as legacy versions
- Plug-and-play mode automatically starts encoding and streaming
- User-friendly browser-based management interface for remote access
- Built-in streaming media server for servicing up to 200 concurrent users via a user-customizable web page
- Supports standard Adobe Flash streaming servers for large scale deployments
- Internal hard drive enables recording of real-time content and on-demand access to FLV files, playable in Adobe Flash Player
- Secondary stream functionality allows streaming of a single video source at multiple bandwidths